Monday, October 12, 2009

all of his creation.

Every day, I wake up, make some tea, and head out the door. Next comes art class, followed by all those other classes. Mondays at 5:30 is voice lessons. Tuesdays till 2:30 i have VC class and at 6 is drum lessons. Wednesday is youth group. Thursday till 2:30 is VC class again. Friday is youth group. Sunday is church. And all those little spaces of time in between are filled with laundry, ironing, vacuuming, dishes, lunch-making, and homework.

Why do I try to fill in all of my time? I want to slow down. I want to get off and explore God's glorious creation. I want to just drive and see all of those beautiful mountains his hands have formed, all those tiny streams he so delicately shaped with his fingers. I'd love to go on a trip to just be with God and his creation.

I know that (due to school) this won't be happening anytime soon. But I can't help but wonder if I should be looking at each day differently. I should be seeking out his glory in every situation he places in my day. Oh, how i long to be immersed in Him every day! God is good, and thats just putting it lightly. Even though I find myself anxious to figure out what steps I will soon be taking to shape my future (college...), I know I can trust his plan. Thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment