Friday, August 14, 2009

let your love be strong

I went to the fair with Max on Wednesday, and I cant believe what a wonderful time we had :) I'm not one to get super excited over the fair, but I was looking forward to spending time with max. We both dont like thrill rides, so we only went on the spinny one (looks like a giant UFO) and waited (unsucessfully) for a grumpy ferris wheel attendee to open up the ride. I always like looking at all the animals, photography, baking, and venders, so we had a great time ;)

This was the first week since Aaron left that the worship band played all together on a Wednesday. Although it was a little unnerving knowing that Aaron wouldn't be there to lead with his solid guitar playing and vocals, Dennis really stepped up and gave his all. I was thinking today that I am so thankful for the talent that God provides. Every member in the band this last week was really using their talents to give glory to God, and thats what its all about in the end. It doesn't matter who we have leading or if we mess up; as long as we're pointing others to God and letting him use us for his purpose. A verse that came to my mind today was 1 Thes. 1:3 "...your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." and Philippians 1:18 "...the important thing is that in every way...Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice" and continuing in verse 20 "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body.."

I've been thinking a lot lately about how God uses our bodies as his limbs, to reach out to other people. I believe that if I surrender my body, wholly to him, he can and will do great things through me. Even if i don't know exactly what action to take or the words to say, If I give him control, he's gonna take care of it and bless whatever situation I come into contact with. It's so relieving that I don't need to worry about a thing. God will provide. And although it's hard for me personally to turn over every aspect of my life to Christ, I know that he's got it all planned out for me.

some random verses that stood out to me this week:

Colossians 1:29 "to this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me" (so cool that its HIS energy I can rely on, not my own)

Phil. 2:13 "for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose"

Colossians 2:7 "continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness"

Phil 4:19 "and my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus"

Colossians 3:16 "let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God"

Ephesians 3:20 "now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine , according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Jesus Christ throughout all generations, for ever and ever!"

Ephesians 5:19 "...sing and make music from your hearts to the Lord"


No comments:

Post a Comment