Monday, August 31, 2009

prayer.

Please pray for me for endurance, to push through obstacles that are holding me back.I don't want to return to the same place I was at before. God has been so good to me lately, but I can definitely hear satan calling me back into old ways. Right now it's stronger than ever.

Its kind of discouraging, because I know I was getting on the right track and doing what needed to be done, stepping up in new ways, and taking challenging opportunities; but now I think maybe it's that I've poured so much of myself into other people that I've lost focus on how important it really is to change things in my own life. I love helping people and especially doing the little things that mean something to others, but maybe I just had the wrong mindset. I was probably doing it just to keep myself busy and distract myself so I wouldn't need to confront the issues at hand in my personal life. I guess I'm just asking for prayer for endurance, and focus, so that I might be able to bring things back to God, lay it all at his feet, and get rooted in him, so that someday i can become a "mighty oak, a planting of the Lord, for the display of his spendor" (Isaiah 61:3).

I would also appreciate prayer for God to provide a strong friend. I've had so many friends placed in my heart recently, but either they have no passion to live for Christ, or they are just too busy. I miss having a best friend who was always by my side. It would be such an encouragement during this period.

God knows whats best, and I am in no way trying to complain, because I know my life is so blessed. God's provided for me, and I know he will fulfill my thirst to better know and seek him out in my life. But for the couple people that read this, those are just a few things that I'd really appreciate prayer for. thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always so proud of you sugar! I will be praying
    Be thinking about helping others by helping yourself... In Titus 2 it talks about women being mentors for those younger than them. How awesome would it be to one day overcome all of these temptations and share with others your story so that they may be blessed. God works that way all the time. Always praying for and loving you rachy

    ReplyDelete